New X user can't keep preference selections

Bob Geiger rbgeiger at optonline.net
Sun Feb 8 19:27:11 PST 2004

Hello all,

		I'm a long time Mac user, first time X user. I bought an iMac DV 400
that came with Jaguar installed and 320 Megs of ram.

		I can not seem to keep any preferences I make on the machine after
logging off or shutting down the machine. My Dock loses the setting for
magnification and size, and the Mail app keeps asking me to input my
mail data to create a mailbox. I'm at my wits end and after trying
quite a few things and looking on the web decided to join this list.
Can anyone shine a light on my problem, I just know its a newbie
mistake.