[X Newbies] dvd player quality

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Feb 10 23:44:14 PST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 11:01:54PM -0500, Maria Paulia Belgado wrote:
:
: I tried out the DVD player of my powerbook (1.25 Ghz, 512 RAM) for the
: first time by watching LOTR: Two Towers. In certain scenes (not just
: fast paced action scenes), lines appear in the middle of the screen. Is
: this normal? Or is there something wrong with my powerbook or dvd? I
: don't have a dvd player so I can't test out whether it's just the dvd.

Definitely try it out on another DVD player.  Maybe even bring it to a
store where you bought the DVD itself.  But my bet is on the Apple's DVD
Player software.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/