[X Newbies] (no subject)

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Mon Feb 23 09:34:08 PST 2004

At 5:01 PM +0000 2/23/04, lingo wrote:
>i have a digital camera , sony mavica that finalizes cd's, it came
>with a cd that has windows reader drivers but for macs it has an
>extension called Adaptec udf volume access that your supposed to
>just drag into the extensions folder and its supposed to read my cds
>automatically when inserted. Well i get an error message that says
>unreconized format, I have osx and classic running. Cds read fine on
>a pc.

Perhaps ReadDVD
<http://www.softarch.com/us/press/PRRDVDXmac1aug19.html>? I have no
idea, never having tried it.

Also perhaps relevant:
"UDF (Universal Disk Format) is the filesystem used by DVD-ROM
(including DVD-video and DVD-audio) discs, and by many CD-R/R
packet-writing programs. Note that at the time of this writing, Mac
OS X "Panther" only supports UDF 1.5, and not UDF 2.0."
<http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/osx/arch_fs.html>

If these don't adequately answer the question, at least it may guide
others' assistance...
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]