Can't print

Alan/Linda Bell alanlinda43 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 07:32:28 PST 2004

Okay, I imagine you all are weary with this thread, so here's my last
shot on it. at Alex's urging, I went to
<http://e1s.de/panther/gimp-print.html> and followed the instructions
carefully, but my printer still is not recognized. I also upgraded
the Keyspan driver to OS X, but not only did that not help, I
couldn't even print when I rebooted to 9. I had to trash it and
reinstall the original driver.

So here I am, operating back in 9.1. I suppose the fact that the
printer uses a serial cable and goes to a USB adapter is the main
problem. I have slim hope that I will avoid buying a new printer (one
of the many hidden costs of upgrading to a new OS--and I suppose the
same thing will be true of my SCSI  Umax scanner). So, am I outa luck
here?

Alan