[X Newbies] installing panther

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Jan 5 23:14:44 PST 2004

Chris Morland said:

>i upgraded to panther last week and it quit installing somewhere on the
>second disk: the message said: "stopped due to an unexpected error. my
>G4 seems to be running fine; what would advise? what's on the second
>and third disk? thanks in advance.

I've now heard from at least a half dozen folks who have had the exact
same thing happen.

Apparently the installation stops after doing a complete install of your
OS software, but some or all of your extras, such as Safari and other
programs, may not get installed.  The way to deal with it at the point
you are at is to do a Custom install of all of the extras in the Panther
installer.  They should install and work without a problem.

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html