[X Newbies] 9 and 10 on one machne, different HDs

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 09:33:49 PST 2004

It don't make no nevermind which drive has OS X and which has OS 9.

I learned too late that you don't even have to make a new OS 9
partition. Unless you really need a clean install you can use your
existing OS 9 installation.  I believe that you must update the
Start-Up disk control panel to 9.2.5 or later so it will detect the
drive with OS X installed.  The control panel "StartUp disk" in OS 9
and the System preference "StartUp Disk" in OS X control which drive it
should look for on boot up.