Sarari loses ALL bookmarks!?

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg253 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 08:30:17 PST 2004

  A strange thing happened to me yesterday on my G3 Powerbook running
Panther. I put it to sleep for the night as normal, woke it in the
morning, opened Safari which is my default and very much used browser,
and ALL bookmarks were gone! Including the standard Apple
"pre-installed" bookmarks. Bookmarks bar empty too. My history was
intact and the home page was the same as normal. Just no bookmarks at
all. I did have a backup of bookmarks, though it is older and less
complete than what I lost, but this should not happen. I have no system
"hacks" installed, nobody else touched the computer, and I am a super
careful user who follows advice and rules. There are several posts in
the Safari discussion on Apples site saying the same thing, but not any
solutions or explanations. Posting there is not available for several
days now. Just reading. Anybody hear anything about this problem?
Thanks,
Greg