[X Newbies] Disk Utility

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 18 12:28:13 PST 2004

On Jan 18, 2004, at 10:24, J wrote:

> Thanks but not my call to do this. If anything went wrong, I would
> slit my throat, as it's a computer in a VIP org in the Capitol....

Too bad. It's unfortunate when the client wants a repair/tune up done,
but then won't let you open the hood and make it happen,  In this case,
you back up the Users etc (OK, back up the entire HD, confirm the back
up, run from the back up) THEN, Archive and Install or even wipe and
install, then bring all the User 'stuff' back over. Keep the backup
around for a while.  Otherwise, you are going to spend forever trying
to fix problems without knowing the cause etc, as in the 'missing' Disk
Utility.

--
TiBook 667mhz 512MB RAM
Gigabit Ethernet, Superdrive