[X Newbies] Disk Utility/RESOLVED

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Jan 20 08:08:48 PST 2004

>On Jan 20, 2004, at 07:48, Alex wrote:
>
>>>I DO, on the other hand, understand the benefits of single partition [...]
>>
>>And they are...
>
>Everything IS in one place, some folks struggle if they have more than one filing cabinet, no matter how big/cluttered it may be
>No loss of HD space due to partition creation (ever notice how a 120 gig HD is not 120 gig right from the get go? Partition it in half, look at the size of the two halves. Partition it again into quarters or eighths, notice how you keep losing space?)
>Others may chime in with many other reasons why they prefer the single partition set up.

When you are done with the 'need' for the partition, there is no easy way to join the two together.

The partition sizes are never quite the right size. It always seems that space is being wasted on one partition due to the 'rules' for having created it, and the other is too small as it has run out of space.

--
Robert Ameeti

Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again.