Sharing a printer

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 12:48:45 PST 2004

> From: Ken Poppers <kpoppers at comcast.net>
>
> I have 2 iMacs and one printer.  I want to share using USB without
> unplugging and plugging back in ad nauseum.  Is there a dohickey for
> taking 2 USB cables down to one?

Huh?

Look, if the two computers are networked together, just attach the USB
printer to one of them and turn on "USB Printer Sharing" in the
"Sharing" System Preference.

If the two computers are NOT networked together, simply buy a $20 USB
hub. Plug the printer and the two computers into it, install the
printer's driver on both computer and add the printer to Print Setup on
both machines. Done.

_Chas_

Mnemonic of the Year: ABBA -- Anybody But Bush Again.
http://www.abbaparty.com