[X Newbies] Sharing a printer

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Fri Jan 23 13:27:06 PST 2004

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 03:48  PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Look, if the two computers are networked together, just attach the USB
> printer to one of them and turn on "USB Printer Sharing" in the
> "Sharing" System Preference.

I tried doing that last weekend without success. I was trying to get a
PowerBook 1400 (OS 9.1) to access the USB printer that is hooked up to
an iMac (OS 9.1). Does it matter that the PB doesn't have a USB
connection? I installed the "USB Printer Sharing" control panel on both
systems. But I couldn't get the printer to show up in the network
printers window on the PB.