Sharing a printer

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 23:03:02 PST 2004

> From: Ken Poppers <kpoppers at comcast.net>
>
> I'm usually pretty on top of these things and the other replies to my
> issue make sense, but Chas I just don't understand what you mean.  I'm
> not networked and there is only one hub ---> computer connector.  How
> can I connect the hub to both computers?

Mea Culpa, brain fart -- I was thinking of a router or switch (ethernet
devices that would work with a networked printer) but saying a hub.
Sorry.

The poster who said earlier that you could connect two computers to one
printer by taking advantage of the fact that most printers have a USB
and a alternate port got it right. That's the quick-n-dirty way to do
it.

_Chas_

Mnemonic of the Year: ABBA -- Anybody But Bush Again.
http://www.abbaparty.com