Alternatives to Word/MS Office

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 24 12:29:24 PST 2004

Just FWIW - I purchased Think free Office on its claims to be able to work
with MS Office documents. In just a few uses (mostly translating clients'
.doc and .xls files) I'm very disappointed. Word documents often open with
very shoddy formatting, strange line breaks, unusual pagination. I say this
knowing how the clients tend to format documents. As for the spreadsheet
module, it's universally unsuccessful in opening them with a double-click.
Sometimes it will open them from within the program, after which I can save
to a Thinkfree format that will subsequently open directly. But at other
times, spreadsheets refuse to open at all. In short, I'd not recommend this
program until some serious upgrades are announced, and previous users are
entitled to them. Thinkfree Office does not live up to its claims
hereabouts. These comments apply to both OSX and OS9, though it's supposed
to be compatible with both. I'd certainly not trust it with the rigorous
formatting needs the poster expressed.

Bobbo

Art, pet and human portraits: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com

Voice Over website: http://www.bob-vo.com