[X Newbies] expired MS office trial

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sat Jan 24 15:44:31 PST 2004

On Saturday, Jan 24, 2004, at 14:48 Canada/Eastern, Bruce Klutchko
wrote:

> [...] OS X has been out for quite some time and Office X still
>  does not allow using services.

For "Office X" subsitute AppleWorks, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
etc....

> Given the resources of Microsoft, it is sad that the Mac cannot get a
> suite
> of applications from them written in a truly native development system.

Sure. And, for "Microsoft", also substitute Adobe, Apple... That's how
the cookie crumbles, I'm afraid. Basically, when only part of a 5%
market uses a technology, there's no incentive to invest in a complete
rewriting of a major application. Since you're apparently using Nisus
Writer Express, perhaps you can acquaint us with its history and how
difficult Nisus found porting its app to Cocoa -- so difficult, in
fact, that it gave up and bough Okito Composer, instead...