[X Newbies] Can I use an Airport with my PC?

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 17:10:47 PST 2004

Well, almost that easy, but you need to make sure things are set
correctly. Since you say that your base station is an Airport Extreme
(G) then either a B or G PCI card can be used. After installing, make
sure the card settings match the router (SSID, channel number, WEP).
That should be about it.

Good luck,
Barry

On Jan 26, 2004, at 6:36 AM, Dragonberry.com wrote:

> Thanks Barry.
> B or G? I have the newest Airport.
>
> Do I just plug in the PCI card and that's it?
> Sounds too easy!
>
> Terry
>

> On 1/26/04 6:45 AM, "Barry Lyden" <blyden at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> You should be able to use any wireless PCI card with the Airport Base
>> Station, provided that the two are talking the same protocol (i.e.
>> 802.11b
>> or 802.11g).
>>
>> On 1/25/04 8:17 PM, "Dragonberry.com" <terry at dragonberry.com> wrote:
>>
>>> My son is inheriting my old PC.
>>> Is there a way I can use Airport to let him hook up to the internet?
>>> I've seen some wireless PCI cards for sale - will they work with
>>> Airport?
>>>
>>> Terry

> <X-Newbies-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <X-Newbies-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> DVIator   | Run Dual ADC displays on your G4 or just one on an older
> Mac!
> Dr. Bott  | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/DVIator.html>
>
>    Support   | Support this list by clicking here before you buy!
>   this List  |  http://www.themacintoshguy.com/support.html

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Barry