The leap! Panther

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Jul 4 13:39:37 PDT 2004

> From: matblack at mac.com
> Hey I just upgraded... very nice indeed. The thing is that type in
> general, and specifically on desktop items seems clunky and strange...
> bad or incomplete drop shadows etc...
> any ideas on how to fix or is this SOP?

Congrats! There are LOTS of little, subtle improvements/fun features it
will take you a while to discover ...

In addition to the display advice already given, you can "fine tune"
both the monitor performance (in the Displays system preference) and
adjust the amount of anti-aliasing ("font smoothing style") of the text
(in the Appearance system pref).

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org