[X Newbies] Unwanted default browser changing problem

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Jul 6 02:29:30 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 03:56:38PM -0500, Mark Taintor wrote:
:
: My wife, bless her heart, is having a hard time changing over to OS X
: completely. As such, she continues to use Opera 5.0 run in Classic. The
: problem is that whenever she opens Opera, it changes the computer's
: default browser to Opera. All that she has to do is open Opera and the
: default browser changes to Opera. No going through System Preferences.
: It just changes. I can reset the default browser in the System Prefs,
: but as soon as Opera is opened the Pref changes. This doesn't happen
: when any other browser is opened, Classic or otherwise.
: Any thoughts on what I might do to stop this from happening?

Use the OS X version of Opera?

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/