hmmm

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jul 10 13:31:37 PDT 2004

> From: matblack at mac.com
>
> Two questions... new to panther and still occasionally surprised and
> mystified.
> Why is Panther playing an ambient loop all the time? How do I change it
> or stop it?

It should not be doing that. I'm at a loss to explain that one.

When you hear the loop, hit cmd-tab and see what other programs are
open. You may have accidentally set up something that plays ambient
sound as a startup, sorry "login" item inadvertently (you can find out
what login items you have by checking your "Accounts" system
preference. ISTR there are a few programs that play ambient sound to
sooth you -- maybe you tried one a while back and it left behind a
present? :)

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org