[X Newbies] OCR Software

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jul 18 18:16:55 PDT 2004

Vincent Cayenne said:

>At 2:30 AM -0700 7/17/04, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>>ABBYY FineReader Pro (Classic Environment only)
>
>I own ABBYY FineReader 5 Sprint XE (build 264) as distributed by
>Epson - it is an OS X application. I've three Epson scanners and I'm
>not sure which it was bundled with but suspect that it's the Epson
>Perfection 1670 Photo. [...which was also the one that came with
>working OS X Smart Panel software].

Thanks, Vincent!  Unfortunately ABBYY doesn't list an OS X-native version
on their Web site.  See:

http://www.abbyy.com/macfinereader/?param=2232

Is there someplace that one can purchase this OS X-native version of
ABBYY FineReader without having to purchase a scanner to get it?  From
Epson perhaps?

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html