Powerbook/iBook

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 23:58:16 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Sorry this might be a bit OT but hopefully someone can help me.  I'm
coming to the point where my ageing Lombard PBook is about ready to give
up and am wondering whether to buy a PB or an iBook.

Since I spend a lot of time in archives and am largely reliant on battery
power, one thing is important with both the PB and iBook.  When the
battery dies and drops into sleep mode is it possible to change the
battery without either shutting down or plugging in the power lead?   It
is certainly possible to do it on the Lombard under 922 without losing
anything, but I have heard conflicting reports that it is no longer
possible with any of the current laptops under OSX.

Could any of the laptop users out there help me out?

Thanks,

Chris