[X Newbies] epson RIP questions?

David Miller davidmiller at mac.com
Fri Jun 11 13:56:01 PDT 2004

Skip,

The ImagePrint RIP from ColorByte is renowned for its accuracy with
Epson printers and papers. They have a driver for the 4000 available
now. I have not used it yet (will be getting it when my 4000 arrives!)
but it has been well reviewed at professional photographer sites
(Michael Reichman's luminous-landscape.com). Introductory price for the
RIP for the 4000 is $900 (raster-only, no postscript). Reichman's
review of the 4000 is up and he says that the profiles that come with
the printer are very good. Doubtless, outfits like Digital Outback
Photo will have custom profiles for the 4000 and specific papers at a
much lower price (about $100 per I would guess) if you are willing to
use Epson's driver instead of a third-party RIP.

Dave