Boot into Firmware, Definition Please (Off List)

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 11:29:34 PDT 2004

Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:57:17 -0400, Alex <alist at sprint.ca> at
X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> On Friday, Jun 11, 2004, at 17:23 Canada/Eastern, Al Poulin wrote:
>
>> [...]  "boot into firmware" [...]
>> What does this mean?  Why would you want to do it?  How? [...]
>
> See Apple KB articles ID 93772, 42642, and 60285. For further reading,
> try Apple Tech Note TN1061.

Hello Alex:

Thanks for the references.  Do the Tech Notes require some kind of special
access?  I keep getting messages like:  Your search for Technical Articles
containing TN1061 returned no results. Please search again or try our Guided
Search.

Also, nothing comes up on 60285.  Typo?  I found 60385 which deals with
updating firmware on iMacs.
Regards,

--
Al Poulin