[X Newbies] epson RIP questions?

CP vze2rwkt at verizon.net
Sun Jun 13 07:04:14 PDT 2004

Thank you,

Well it sure sounds like I'm going to love the 4000 once it gets here:)

Right now we have a 3000 series printer that will be replaced by the 4000.

Now comes the hard part… which RIP software to get. Here's a quick run
down of the types of prints we'll be doing.

- Posters: mostly Illustration styles (not as many with photographs)
- Some fine art prints (from photographs/Photoshop files)
- A fair amount of "Comp's" - mostly t-shirt designs / artwork for approval.
- Logo and corporate identity comp's
- Brochure / flyer comp's
- a little bit of everything

I've read some about a few different RIP's, but wasn't looking forward
to spending $700.00 or more:(

With the type of work describe above, which software do you folks recommend?

If Epson's RIP comes out sooner, should we go with it? We were told last
week, it has been put on hold, for several months?

Thanks for the help / suggestions.

Skip