[X Newbies] Mail Rules

birgit rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 18 21:06:28 PDT 2004

When my.mac account will not download mail and repeatedly asks for my
password I have found that the cause is .mac mail is down.  If you go
to your .mac account online you will get a message from Apple saying
that they are having a problem and expect mail to be back (when it is
fixed) as in last night.  No .mac mail all yesterday.  The fix was
scheduled for 12 midnight.  Frankly, this happens all too often and
hopefully it is because Apple is making an upgrade of some kind.

I occasionally have mail ask me for passwords for other accounts and
would also appreciate a reason for that since it never occurs in
Entourage (which I barely use anymore).

Birgit Rhoads
woodlandpwc at adelphia.net

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a
Macintosh."
  -- Anonymous