Laser Printer Deal That I Found

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jun 20 23:38:50 PDT 2004

I've found that some folks really appreciate it when I point out really
good bargains that I've come across.  Here is an excellent deal on a
Postscript laser printer!:

Brother laser printer EHL-1450 *Factory Refurbished*
1200dpi
USB
15PPM
8MB
Postscript Level 2 emulation

(This printer is identical to the very popular HL-1440, only it includes
Postscript emulation.)

$120  (manufacturer's suggested retail price is $300)
http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=851422

OS X driver
http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/dl-mac-x-usb.html

Brother was considerate enough to engineer the HL-1450 so that it uses a
common, inexpensive, 72-pin SIMM to upgrade the RAM. (Most printers
require an expensive proprietary RAM card to upgrade their RAM, and
several inexpensive laser printers aren't upgradable at all.)

Here is a SIMM that will max out the memory of the HL-1450 for only $9 !:

http://www.18004memory.com/focus.asp?sku=505058

Randy B. Singer
How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html