Laser Printer Deal That I Found

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Jun 22 09:24:10 PDT 2004

> From: Vincent Cayenne <vcayenne at mac.com>
>
> At 4:55 AM +0200 6/22/04, Cyril Blanc wrote:
>> You must check if it is an Adobe Postscript or a clone ;-)
>
> Are there currently *any* consumer printers that license the
> "genuine" article? Is it relevant any more?

I was about to ask something similar -- ten years ago, "clones" of
Postscript were known to cause problems, but so many have been sold
since then I had assumed that the problem was resolved. I don't know
that I've seen a "genuine" PS printer in quite some time.

As for relevance -- for what most people do (ie Office), Postscript is
completely irrelevant. It's only us fools who still do EPS vector art
that need it.

The last PS printer I used was a Xante model ... 1200 dpi, 12x18,
multi-tray thing ... really nice. Had "clone" Postscript but was NEVER
a problem.

PS. I followed your lead and left that other list you and I were on.
They made it pretty clear they take the free help for granted over
there. I've been on this list a long time and it's just plain nicer
here.

_Chas_

There is only ONE WAY to get through the hype for and against the new
film "Farenheit 9/11" -- see it for yourself and make up your own mind.
Everybody else, please shut up.