Ready for a little whining?

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Wed Mar 17 22:49:38 PST 2004

I am having this stupid little problem that is  driving me nuts. Most
of my typing  these days is in Mail and I keep double-spacing the space
  bar. So much so that I use Find  to replace  the doubles with single
spaces. I have played with sys. prefs. but the keyboard pref. doesn't
seem to effect the spacebar  action.

Is there something I am missing  here? I  am on a G4 MP500 with
standard clear/silver Apple keyboard. I bought a gel pad to stick in
front of the keyboard,  thinking that would help but no luck. I am
running Panther  3.3 now. I don't recall  this problem being so bad
under 9.2.2  and Eudora.

Note that I am leaving the double spaces  in  this post. Any
suggestions besides finding an old Royal manual?

</whine>
Carter