[X Newbies] Mail

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg253 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 18 07:46:07 PST 2004

On Mar 18, 2004, at 10:08 AM, matblack at mac.com wrote:

> Greeetings folks...
> I have a MAIL question for you all... I have my current account set
> up, but  old "account" seems to still be in there somewhere as well.
> When on occasion my .mac will not send outgoing mail it asks if I want
> to revert to my old outgoing account...
> Is there anyway I can delete that old account? It does not show up in
> accounts in preferences...

My unfortunate experience with this same situation was that deleting
the old account deleted the mailbox and all traces of any mail that was
in it. You can make the account inactive and preserve the mailbox or
you can backup the mailbox to another drive and then delete the
account. In mail preferences>accounts> highlight the account you want
inactive and go to >advanced and uncheck "enable this account". Backing
up the messages I am not sure how to do but I am sure someone else
does.
Greg