Mail

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Mar 18 13:35:13 PST 2004

> From: matblack at mac.com
>
> Greeetings folks...
> I have a MAIL question for you all... I have my current account set up,
> but  old "account" seems to still be in there somewhere as well. When
> on occasion my .mac will not send outgoing mail it asks if I want to
> revert to my old outgoing account...
> Is there anyway I can delete that old account? It does not show up in
> accounts in preferences...

You are running pre-10.3, I'm guessing.

Do a search on your hard drive for "Manage SMTP" and I think you will
find an Applescript that will do what you want. In 10.3, the ability to
manage SMTP servers was (finally!) put back into the preferences where
it belongs (click on the radio button that shows your current SMTP
server in your Preferences->Accounts).

_Chas_

Al-Queda endorses Bush:
<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20040317/wl_nm/