[X Newbies] disk drive won't accept CD

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Mar 18 21:49:14 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:00:19PM -0700, Jennifer Thomas wrote:
:
: My Mac OSX.2.8  G3  CD-ROM drive won't accept a CD (it has photos on
: it).  I have had this problem before, where the drive is sluggish and
: doesn't suck the CD in.  I've tried to push it in manually before
: (this has happened randomly a few times before) and the CD got stuck.
: I learned my lesson and don't want to risk it.
:
: I restarted the computer, then I did repair permissions.
: Earlier today I hooked up to a network and did some file swapping.
: Don't know if that would have anything to do with it.
:
: Now what?

Are you sure it's a problem with OS X?  Have you tried reading the CD on
other machines?  Maybe media errors or physical scratches?

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/