[X Newbies] disk drive won't accept CD

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Fri Mar 19 06:29:12 PST 2004

On Thursday, Mar 18, 2004, at 23:00 Canada/Eastern, Jennifer Thomas
wrote:

> My Mac OSX.2.8  G3  CD-ROM drive won't accept a CD (it has photos on
> it).

You have to make up your mind as to what it is you are reporting. What
does "won't accept a CD" mean?

(1) The drive tray won't close.

(2) The drive tray closes, but it pops back out immediately.

(3) The CD goes in, but nothing happens.

(4) The CD goes in, but I get a message saying that the disc "has no
volumes that Mac OS X can recognize".

(5) The CD goes in, it's mounted on the desktop, but some/all of the
file which should be there are missing.

(6) None of the above.

Causes and solutions can vary widely, depending on what is actually
going on.