[X Newbies] Itunes...

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Fri Mar 26 20:08:38 PST 2004

At 8:27 PM -0700 3/26/04, W Lane wrote:
>when iTunes DOES contact the CDDB (CD Data Base) it automatically
>retrieves the CORRECT info for the album and each track.

Unless your tastes runs to a genre where many have contributed info
that is pooched <g>. But seriously, I get about one entry with
slightly screwy info about every 10 retrievals or so (artist/track
switched, wrong case, etc.) and a "not found" every 20 attempts or
thereabouts. But I typically am retrieving for a very eclectic range
of albums and there are several CDs in my collection that were
pre-release or promotional so my results do vary. I haven't gotten
even a fifth along in importing my 3000+ CD collection and will
probably take another year at least at the rate I'm going. I welcome
the automatic lookup. Embrace it, even...
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]