[X Newbies] Crashing of text editor?

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sun Mar 28 09:28:06 PST 2004

More often than not, that behavior is consistent with a corrupted
preference file. I've had problems with applications unexpectedly
quitting (crashing) on occasion in every OS. Follow these steps:

Quit BBEdit Lite
Move the BBedit Lite preference out of your user Library Preferences
folder ( located at '/Users/nacohen/Library/Preferences/BBEdit Lite
Preferences/BBEdit Lite Prefs Data' on my system)
Restart BBEdit Lite and try to recreate the problem.
If it continues, try removing the entire BBEdit Lite Preferences folder
with BBEdit not running and then restart BBEdit Lite.
If that doesn't work, remove BBEdit Lite and reinstall.

Most of the time, one of these steps will get your program working
again.

Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"I have just returned from Boston. It is the only sane thing to do if
you find yourself up there."
Fred Allen