[X Newbies] OS stability

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Mar 31 06:49:37 PST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:17:01AM +1000, marina wrote:
:
[...is M$ a monopoly?...]
:
: However, honestly, I couldn't care less what we want to call it. What
: really concerns me, is that we are here because we are Mac users, and
: instead of offering each other support and reassurance that the (not
: necessarily easy) choice we've made is the right one for us, there are
: so many among us who spend their time disseminating fear, uncertainty
: and doubt.

I think Mac OS X is a great choice for many reasons.  However, I believe
that Steven Rogers' point is that under certain circumstances Windoze is
also a reasonable choice and that Windoze users make this choice freely.
While I think Steven's point is valid, my own experiences tell me that
his point is valid only for a small minority of Windoze users.

: Maybe then, we're not all Mac users, and someone has joined this list
: "on a mission"??

Nah, I prefer the view that OS X is really a new platform from Apple,
one that has attracted traditional Mac users, traditional Windoze users,
lots of Unix users, and not a few new computer users.  The result of
this diversity is that OS X users have widely different opinions on the
most seemingly basic topics.  Getting someone to dive into an OS X forum
just to cause havoc is as unlikely as getting Windoze virus writers to
write OS X viruses.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/