[X Newbies] OS stability - was Re: [X Newbies] Crashing of text editor?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 08:24:39 PST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 9:57 AM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> As far as the rest - I expect the patience of the list is worn out.
> I'm not "confused" about whether the courts are part of government or
> whether its illegal to be a monopoly vs. exercise monopoly powers. We
> simply don't agree about fundamentals.

And I should have said: my overall point being that most (yes, most!)
people choose windows for reasons that make sense to them. If you want
to understand it, you'd be better served by looking at those reasons
than by coming up with vacuous rationalizations like "MS made them
choose it".

For example, when an "Aunt Tillie" lets the nephew set up a PC for her,
she's getting real value out of that. When someone goes out and buys a
$400 eMachine, there's a specific rationale behind the choice.

SR