[X Newbies] Appleworks and OS X

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 10:56:21 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 12:04  PM, Norman Cohen wrote:

> Actually, the current version is 6.2.9 and is available at:
> <http://www.apple.com/appleworks/update/>

Hi - As it happens I just bought AW 6.2.7 and am having terrible
problems
with it. It crashes constantly, won't open files (says file is
damaged), etc. These
are my personal finance master files so as you can imagine I'm real
nervous.
Previously I was using Mac Excel 98 and it worked fine.

I d/l the updater for 6.2.9 and no help. I deinstalled/reinstalled AW,
and
now the updater won't update, says it can't find Appleworks. I can see
it
right there in the apps folder, though.

Apple says my next step is to do an Archive install, and I'd really
rather
not. They think I trashed a system file when deinstalling, but I don't
think
so. I've looked at my system backup and don't see anything system
related I could have trashed - they're all AW5 files.

Do you think the CD Apple sent me is corrupt? Is this version of AW
very buggy?

Any ideas?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design