[X Newbies] Appleworks and OS X

C. Russell russells at strodtbeck.org
Thu May 20 21:01:14 PDT 2004

Hi Anne

I noted that you have used MS Excel 98..  and it works fine..  I run MS
Office 98 on my G4/400 OS 10.2.8 and it works fine in the Classic OS
9.2.2. mode.. I also run apple works on both systems, but I do not use
AW for a extensive work... but have had not problems.  Running Excel 98
in Classic would help keep you producing and in the your spare time try
a solve the problem... I have found that installing a clean OS X also
has solved problems. I see you are running OS 10.2 you should be
upgrade to the latest update of 10.2.8. The update to a complete 10.2.8
including itunes, Quicktime, iphoto etc is a very large file and will
take some time...Consider the option of a clean  install before an
update.

Russell