[X-Newbies] Re: VPN (was Anti Virus Software)

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 23:51:10 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Just a note to say that I've now got the VPN up and (almost) running.
Needless to say I had to berate the IT people for supplying me with the
Win version despite a specific request for Mac software  Sigh...

Client software (VPN Tracker) installed and to my surprise, ran first
time with no problems, but I have discovered they are running IIS which
is causing trouble viewing certain web pages.  I think this is probably
trivial, but I think they are using IIS for mail as well, and if memory
serves me IIS works best with Entourage (another PITA) and can have major
problems with other mailers.

Is this true - has anyone any experience of IIS and Mac connections?

Given that it's the weekend they are on skeleton staff, but any
background as to what to look for would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris