[X-Newbies] Re: Transferring files: G3-iMac G 5?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Oct 3 21:23:11 PDT 2004

> From: Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com>
> Excellent point, Mark!  The new Setup Assistant in 10.3 makes things
> dead
> easy:

Point of clarification for those who don't read knowledgebase articles:
The new Setup Assistant isn't part of 10.3.x, it's included on certain
(new) machines. I don't know exactly when it made it's debut, but it's
present on all NEW Apple machines.

Sadly, the Setup Assistant is of no use when transferring stuff from a
PC to a Mac (ie, switching). Apple should *really* look into that ...

(and yes, I know about Move2Mac from Detton, but a native, automatic
Apple solution would be more elegant)

PS. Randy, I think I've mentioned this before, but let me publicly
thank you again for your contributions to the list. If you are *ever*
in the Orlando, please let me and our MUG know!

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org