[X-Newbies] Syquest Back Up Drives

Clive Read cliver at mercuryin.es
Sat Oct 9 09:12:21 PDT 2004

On 9/10/04 17:14, "Crandon David" <tabdave at comcast.net> wrote:

> You need a SCSI to USB adaptor. Fairly common for a while after Apple
> introduced USB to the world. You can probably find them on eBay cheap,
> just make sure to get the proper SCSI part. They came in a couple of
> different sizes with different numbers of pins.
>
> David

Thanks David

Over the years I have bought four or five different adapters thyat all SAID
they did the job, but like you say, when you open the box they are for a
much smaller plug with screws or spring-loaded clips on the end. The big
ones, had wire clips that hooked into place.

As well as all my work on Syquest drives, I've also got three of the drives
that vwere quite expensive, when I bought them.

I'll look on ebay, but I bet I can't find anything or buy a sixth that
doesn't fit. Isn't it great being a MACophile!!

Clive