[X-Newbies] Removing accounts

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Oct 16 19:41:28 PDT 2004

Chris Walker said:

>If this is so it must be taking up space.  Can anyone tell me how to
>remove an account in its entirety, even if this means hunting down the
>files and manually removing them?

You're correct.  It does still exist and it does take up space.  To
delete it:

1. Find the "Users" folder. It should be at the root level of your drive.
2. Open the Users folder and in Deleted Users look for the disk image
file with the name of the user you wish to delete.
3. Drag this file, with that user's name, into the trash.
4. Empty the trash.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html