[X-Newbies] Networking

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 15 02:26:36 PDT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Chris Walker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm setting up a mixed network - 1 Mac, 1 PC and two printers.  Both
> printers are to be accessible from either computer. This will be set up
> using manual (fixed) IP addresses.
>
> Some points:
>
> Do the IP addresses need to be consecutive or can they be more or less
> random within a given range - 10.0.0.X or whatever?

the easy way is to use Rendez vous !!!
it does everything for you
I have just installed an HP Color Laserjet 2550 on 4 MAC, a dream !
	you install the driver
	you go in printer setup utility
	you add
	you select rendez vous (the Mac will search over the Network for your
priner(s)
	then you select the printer

Best regards

Cyril

My Mails are filtered by the SPAM engine of Wanadoo.
SPAMMERS you can remove all the  @Wanadoo addresses for you SPAM
Join the independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for
Mac  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso