[X-Newbies] How to reduce Modem speed

deetya at cbn.net.id deetya at cbn.net.id
Sat Sep 18 08:44:19 PDT 2004

How do you reduce the modem speed on an eMac?

I have an eMac 700mhz with Sys. 10.1.4. I've been having trouble
connecting with my ISP. The modem would quit the connection every 2-3
minutes. My Mac would say something along the lines of "The connection has
been refused because the other side was not responding."

I asked my ISP, and the very first thing they said was to reduce the speed
of the modem.

Now, how do I do that? There's no modem speed dialog panel around, right?
So how do I reduce the modem? Change the modem type in the Internet
Connect Preferences Modem Tab?

Are there any other things I can try, beside replacing the phone lines? :-)

Thanks in advance.