[X-Newbies] using flash drives between OSX and OS 9

Jaynie bananapopsicle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 11:24:03 PDT 2004

I take care of 4 Mac labs (90 G4s and 10 iMac G4s w/
1GB RAM using Adobe Creative Suite). Some students are
having all sorts of problems with their flash drives.
The drives won't show up on the desktop, files on them
won't open, can't throw away files from them, showing
full when they're not, etc. These are all different
brands. I finally figured out that the students having
the problems are using OS 9 at home and OS X (Panther)
here at school. I've ran Disk Utility on them and it
didn't help. I've erased, repaired and they're still
acting weird. Anyone have any suggestions?