[X-Newbies] Re: Epson C82 printer problems 1st. time in OS X.

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Apr 4 17:30:28 PDT 2005

> From: Brian Durant <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>
>
> Having just got my G5 running today, I have been trying to set up my
> Epson C82 printer. I installed the Epson OS X driver from the original
> disk, chose "print" in Safari and tried to add a new printer. No
> drivers detected at all. I downloaded the epson10503.sea update and
> installed it. Still no printer drivers listed. What gives? Yes, I did
> try some of the different categories and my printer is plugged in.
> Something should show up, right?

Having just had this exact same problem, you're going to be amazed at
the answer.

By installing the Epson driver from the disk, you overwrote the one
that was already built into the system, and the one on the disk (and
the one from the website) are no good.

You must now load your System install discs, deselect everything but
the Epson drivers (pick whichever one supports the C82) and allow that
to install, then restart. Doh!

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org