[X-Newbies] MS Word connects to internet

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Tue Apr 5 09:38:09 PDT 2005

> Network? What network? You mean I can't have this application on
> another machine? I have Office for 9 running on a laptop but how can it
> see that machine? I have no ports open.

MS Office v.X checks the network for other machines running the same
licensed copy.

If you bought a single user copy then no, you can't legally run the same
copy on other machines.

I understand that you need to block port 2222, which it will open, and also
ports over 3000 if you want to stop it checking your network.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk