[X-Newbies] Removing default desktop background at startup.

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 11 08:41:25 PDT 2005

On 4/11/05 5:08 PM, "W Lane" <wilann at telusplanet.net> wrote:

>>> Are we talking the working Desktop seen when you are logged in, or the
>>> startup one just discussed. And we are also talking in Panther?
>>
>> Panther or Jaguar, the desktop you see after you log in.
>
> Ah. Too easy. System Prefs>Desktop go to Solid Colors, click anywhere
> outside the colors shown. This gives you Solid White as the Desktop.

Yep. I've always wondered why Apple doesn't make that clearer. I've read on
web sites all sorts of workarounds, like creating a white image file in
Photoshop... This said, under Jag, it took me a while to figure it out.

Kirk

                      Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France