[X-Newbies] Removing default desktop background at startup.

Jane TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 11 09:29:33 PDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>> You shoulda asked. Used to use it all the time to check displays/dead
>> pixels.
>
> I'd think black works better for that, no? Or do you use both?

Speaking of pixels, I had a rather weird problem on a 3-month new G5
iMac. They had to replace the whole screen (bezel and all is the part
configuration) due to the fact that some of my desktop pictures and
other things like documents and folders BURNED IN to the screen to the
point where we could not 'erase' the ghosting. I have never even seen
that on a CRT let alone an LCD display and neither did the shop.

Hopefully it won't be an ongoing problem. I have yet to fire that one
up and see if the fix is OK...I do have full AppleCare on it.