[X-Newbies] Archive and compression utilities for 10.3.9

Jamie Kahn Genet jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz
Mon Apr 18 02:43:03 PDT 2005

Hi there.

I'm having trouble finding reliable reviews for utilities I can replace
Stuffit Expander with (well, for everything but .sit files I guess). Any
tips? Sure, there are command line tools , but I want something I can
set internet config to process. So when Fetch or Safari downloads a file
it can automatically decode and/or expand files.

I used to have a good set of utilities back in Classic for these tasks,
but now in OSX I'm adrift. It hasn't really been a problem until
recently when Stuffit really began to piss me off - again.

TIA,
 Jamie Kahn Genet