[X-Newbies] optimizing System Performance

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 18 19:37:18 PDT 2005

Hi Alex

On Apr 19, 2005, at 2:53 AM, Alex wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2005, at 8:29 PM, Cyril Blanc wrote:
>> I do not agree with you ; you can use Xupport ; it does it very well,
>> a Newbie can use it :-)
> Sure. But what if something goes wrong? As a newbie, are you
> comfortable troubleshooting a Mac that won't boot in Mac OX
>> You do not need "rebooting your Mac in single-user mode and
>> reconfiguring your machine from the CLI"
> Read the Xupport help, specifically the "Troubleshooting" section
> under "Swap". If you don't have another boot volume available, that's
> exactly what you need to do.

As a clever user (???) I have a clone of my system on a FW 800 disk
Re-installing 10.3.x is putting back the swap file on the system disk
:-)

Best regards

Cyril
Audio and Video Configuration :
G5 2x2 Ghz 3.5 GB  160+250 GB + 2 FW 800 Lacie + Rocket Raid 1820A and
6 x 36 gb raptor 10 000 rmp + 2x22" Iiyama
Motu system including :  PCI 424 + 24i + 2048 MKII + 1296 (54 ins 12
outs)
Logic Control + 4 Logic Control XT
Midi interfaces : Stealth + OPCODE STUDIO 4 + MOTU MTP I ; USB EMAGIC
AMT 8
Logic Pro 7, QLSO Platinum, Atmosphere, Kontakt, Final Cut Pro
Sony Digital Camera

Spam are filtered by Wanadoo, SPAMMERS you can remove all the  @Wanadoo
addresses for you SPAM
Independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for Mac
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso